19 May, 2010

one step forward, two steps back

I wanted to post 2 pictures real quick.

The first one:
Today's Man with what has to be one of the most commanding mustaches I've ever seen.



The second one:
This is The Nugget. Those of you who knew Adam and I when we were in How We Are may have seen this van. It was our singer, Rory's van. You may also recognize it from recent Soul Control tours, as they adopted it when they adopted Rory.  I received this picture in a text this morning with the letters "RIP" . . . I spent about a year in this van on various trips after my van died in Western Maryland. I felt that a little tribute was due. When my van died on said HWA tour, it was a weird time cause I had spent so many hours and miles in it. Your van sort of becomes a part of you and a part of your band, especially when you've had one for as long as Rory had The Nugget. Those of you who have toured extensively and owned your own vans will know what I'm talking about. So this is for Rory and The Nugget!

RIP - NUGGET

Peace.
- NSC

No comments:

Post a Comment